Monday, August 26, 2013

Winner Winner Crock Pot Chicken Dinner

I am such a nice wife, I even make dinner when I am not going to be home!  Ok not all the time, but this time I did.  There are not any pictures of the dinner when it's done, because I wasn't home to take them.  I am sure that I could have asked Nathan to take them he always wants to take pictures of his lunch (weird kid...who takes pictures of their food).  I threw this dinner together with stuff I had in the fridge/pantry and from what I hear it turned out pretty darn good.

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 Onion
  • 1 lb of Fresh Green Beans
  • 1/2 Cup Chicken Broth
  • 1 teaspoon Minced Garlic
  • 1/4 teaspoon Dried Rosemary
  • 1/4 teaspoon Thyme
  • 3/4 + 1/4 teaspoon Salt
  • 1/4 + 1/8 teaspoon Black Pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
  • 4 Russet Potatoes Cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
  • 6-7 Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
Serves 4-5
Layer onion in the bottom of the crock pot.
Place sliced potatoes on top of onions.
Place green beans on top of potatoes
Mix together garlic, rosemary, thyme, 3/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and chicken broth.  Pour over veggies.  Season chicken with paprika and remaining salt and pepper.  Place chicken on top of green beans.  Cover and cook on low for about 6 hours or until chicken is cooked thoroughly and veggies are tender.


No comments:

Post a Comment