Sunday, March 10, 2013

Slow Cooker Loaded Potato Soup

This is one of the easiest recipes you will EVER make!  I made my grandmother's potato soup recipe one time and boy was it difficult.  It was way to much work for something I knew I could make in the slow cooker.  So when I came across the original recipe to this potato soup I was so excited to try it.  Our version is a staple recipe in our house.  Perfect for a fall/winter day and it leaves me leftovers for my lunch too!
Ingredients:
  • 1/3 cup diced onion
  • 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
  • 1 block of Cream Cheese (don't use fat free, it won't melt.  some times I use about 3/4 of a block to make it not so thick)
  • 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
  • 1 bag of Shredded Hash Browns
  • 28 oz of Chicken Broth 
  • 6-8 slices of Bacon cooked crispy and crumbled
  • Scallions
Combine hashbrowns, cream of chicken soup, pepper, onion, and chicken broth in slow cooker.  Cook on low for about 5 hours.
For the last hour, cut cream cheese into cubes and place in slow cooker.  Add in crumbled bacon and stir.  I usually stir a few times to help the cream cheese melt and evenly distribute.
Top with a little more bacon, some shredded cheddar, and scallions.

This recipe was featured on our Appetizing April Menu. Check out the entire April menu for a variety of dinner ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment