Saturday, March 1, 2014

Apple Butter BBQ

This is one of those recipes that I started the blog post for and then forgot to complete it.  Darn these kiddos for wanting me to play with them instead of share this delicious recipe!  LOL!  So here we are about 6 months later and I am just getting around to completing it.  I made this for dinner again tonight with a new mac and cheese recipe and the whole thing was a HIT!  I love mixing old favorites with new recipes because it helps to keep dinner interesting.  The BBQ sauce in this recipe is on the sweeter side.  The nice thing is that you can start with this and then spice it up if you would like.
Check out the Sharp Cheddar and Gruyere Mac and Cheese.
Ingredients:
  • 1/2 Cup Ketchup
  • 3/4 Cups Apple Butter
  • 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
  • 1/2 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
  • A couple dashes of Cayenne Pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon Ground Mustard
  • 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
  • 6-8 Chicken Thighs
The directions are super simple.  Combine all ingredients except chicken and mix well.  Divide sauce into two bowls.  The chicken can either be grilled or baked.  I have done it both ways, but since it is February and still freezing cold I decided to save my finger tips and bake it.  Place chicken in baking dish and brush on Apple Butter BBQ sauce.

Bake at 375 for about 35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.  I like to brush on some more sauce about half way through the baking time.  The sauce is so yummy, I serve the reserved sauce on the side.  
This recipe was featured on our 30 Days of Dinners June Menu, Make sure to check out all of the other great recipes on this month's menu!


No comments:

Post a Comment