Recently I have been searching the internet for the "best" recipes. I simply go to Google and type in things like best chicken recipe, best steak marinade, best side dish, and many others. I know that everyone has a favorite recipe that they think is the best. That is what I am looking for. Tonight we are trying what Kraft Foods calls Perfect Grilled Chicken. It was perfectly easy and created tasty juicy chicken.
1/4 Cup of BBQ sauce
1/3 Cup Caesar Dressing
1 lb of Chicken Breasts
Combine bbq sauce and dressing in a bowl. Pour over chicken, covering all sides, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Grill until chicken is cooked throughout.
I served with Jalepeno Twice Baked Potatoes and Zucchini.
Follow the Magical Moms on Facebook and Pinterest for weekly menu ideas, crafts, and Disney Magic.
We made a stop at one of our favorite local places to get produce, Farmer John's in Leesburg, VA. We had a list of things we needed for the week. Zucchini wasn't on the list but they looked OH SO GOOD! I picked up a couple and quickly came up with some ideas including this yummy bread. My kids don't like anything green were extremely happy to eat this even though the flakes of zucchini peeked through the deliciousness.
3 Cups All-Purpose Flour
1 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
2 teaspoons of Cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon Ginger
1 Cup of White Sugar
1 Cup of Vegetable Oil
1 Cup of Brown Sugar
2 teaspoons of Vanilla extract
2 1/2 -3 Cups of Grated Zucchini (skin on)
1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips
In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and ginger. In a separate large bowl cream together with electric mixer the sugars, eggs, vanilla, and vegetable oil. Next, fold in the zucchini and chocolate chips. Pour batter into two greased loaf pans. Bake at 325 for 50-60 minutes. Follow the Magical Moms on Facebook and Pinterest for weekly menu ideas, crafts, and Disney Magic.
The Tooth Fairy visited our house last week. Tucked inside of his Monster Tooth Pillow was a tiny letter from the Tooth Fairy herself. Along with the letter, she also left Evan some VERY sparkly money! He was SO excited!
This is a quick way to print a banner at home. You can print it on any color card stock to make the perfect color combo to compliment the theme!
Simply right click on the letter that you need, save image, and print!
What to make? What to make? The ongoing question for most people. Today I needed side dish ideas. I wasn't really up for finding a new recipe to try or making something that maybe just maybe everyone would eat, so I decided to put a very simple spin on an old favorite. In my house you can't go wrong with anything that is topped with cheese and bacon. Last year I started making these Flattened Redskin Potatoes and they are GREAT, I can't believe it has taken me until now to make them like this! SO simple and tasted like I put a lot of thought and effort into it.
6 Medium Redskin Potatoes (skins scrubbed clean)
1/2 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
3 Tablespoons Crumbled Real Bacon Bits
1/2 Cup Sour Cream
3/4 teaspoon Hidden Valley Ranch Mix
Boil potatoes for 8-10 minutes or until they are tender enough to easily insert a fork or knife. Remove potatoes from water and place on baking sheet. Gently smash potatoes down with the bottom of a glass. Lightly drizzle potatoes with olive oil. Salt and pepper each potato. Top each potato with bacon and cheese. Bake at 400 until cheese is melted.
Combine sour cream and ranch mix and stir until mixed well. Serve on top of potatoes.
This is our second trip to Disney World in 2014 and the shortest trip we have made as a family. We will be at the parks for just FOUR days. I used to think that four days was the perfect amount of time... 4 days/4 parks it should be plenty of time boy was I WRONG. We plan to pack a ton of stuff into our four days before heading off for a 5 night Disney cruise. Just as the rest of my Disney bucket lists this is not a Disney "must do" list, this is a list of new things that our family plans to enjoy while we are there. I don't stress over the list and I have yet to complete everything on one of my lists. As a Disney Vacation Club owner I plan to visit often and eventually I will cross them all off. I choose my list by selecting a mix of items that are there for a limited time, the resort that we are staying at, and new things for us to try.
1. Festival of the Fantasy Parade- Earlier this year Disney World started a new afternoon parade called Festival of the Fantasy. The parade celebrates many of the Fantasy Land characters such as Peter Pan, Captain Hook, Flynn Ryder, Rapunzel, Ariel, Cinderella, Bella, Minnie, Mickey, and many others.
2. Attend Hollywood Studios FROZEN Summer- I was excited to hear that this limited time only event had been extended that included dates of our vacation. It includes special events such as a Frozen Sing-a-long, ice skating, treats, parade, and an evening fireworks spectacular.
3. Bay Lake Tower- This is our "home" DVC resort, but we have never stayed there as a family. I stayed there with the kiddos a few years ago and I am excited for all of us to stay. The proximity to Magic Kingdom make it one of my top places to stay. Something about being able to walk there makes everything so much easier.
4. Moma Melrose's Ristaurante Italiano - I like to try at least one new (to us) table service restaurant while visiting the parks. This restaurant is located in Hollywood Studios so we have decided to to the Fantasmic Lunch package to guarantee a see for the show with out using a fastpass for it. Italian food is one that that my kids will definitely eat so it is a perfect choice for my family.
5. Enchanted Stories with Belle- Since I have two boys you are probably wondering why I have included this on my list. I am taking a recommendation from a friend. She said that it is very interactive and her children LOVED it. I hear it represents the magic of Disney to the fullest and I want to know more!
6. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train- This is the newest ride addition to Magic Kingdom's Fantasyland. It is a rollercoaster designed for everyone over 38 inches tall that is themed around the beloved Snow White. It is extremely popular right now since it just opened in the spring so make sure you schedule a fastpass.
7. Silhouettes of Kids- I am always looking for the perfect souvenir to take home from WDW. My go to items are a Christmas ornament and lots of great pictures. This time I plan to have the kids sit for a few minutes at Magic Kingdom to get this keepsake completed. I am not sure of the price but from what I have read it should be less than $30 for both kids. I will be sure to update with details like price and location when we return.
8. Go on a Disney Cruise- This has been on my BIG bucket list for A LONG TIME! We actually booked this cruise 18 months ago and the fact that it is so close is giving me butterflies in my stomach. We chose to do 4 days in the parks and then take a relaxing cruise after. I am prepared to be WOWed!
9. Family Picture on the Monorail- We love all forms of Disney transportation because it means that we are in our happy place, however, the Monorail holds the top spot. It is a ride all in itself. I have pictures of my kids on the Monorail but none of the whole family. Believe it or not, this might be the toughest item on my list.
10. Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party- This is a special ticket event that is held select dates in September and October. It is a Halloween party complete with costumes, trick-or-treating, special character appearances, parades, dance parties, and fireworks. We are currently working on our costumes and I will share them later.
11. Mickey Kitchen Sink- Last year we tackled the challenge of the Kitchen Sink at Beaches and Cream at the Boardwalk resort. This version of the kitchen sink is available at the Magic Kingdom and is is slightly smaller so maybe just maybe we will be able to finish it!
12. Country Bear Jamboree- There are still 15 of the original attractions from opening day at Walt Disney World. The Country Bear Jamboree is the last one of the 15 that our family has to do to have completed all of them. Technically I saw the animatronic show as a kid, but I plan to officially check it off the list with my family. It is an any height attraction that is one of the last attractions that was actually developed by Walt himself.
13. Dole Whip- Many people have a long list of their favorite snacks at WDW. I bet most lists include this delicious treat. I have tasted fellow Magical Mom Sherrie's Dole Whip, but this time I plan to enjoy my own. It has even been suggested to me that I add some rum. Shhh... don't tell.
I know that this list may seem long and ambitious for a short trip, but I plan to try my best. I will update you when I return from the world!