Switching up the way we eat tacos is nothing new, tacos are a family favorite and this recipe did not disappoint. This recipe is a little spicier than some of the others that I make, but that can be easily fixed if you don't like things quite as spicy as I do by adding less jalepenos to the mix. I had a tough time coming up with something to call this dish... I don't know all of the technical aspects of what a taco, burrito, enchilada... I just know delicious!
- 2 Chicken Breasts cooked and shredded
- 1/2 Cup PepperJack Cheese
- 1 Cup Mild Cheddar Cheese (divided)
- 2 Tablespoons of diced Jalepenos (I use the sliced kind from a jar and just chop them up a bit)
- 1/2 of Corn
- 1 Cup of Sour Cream
- 1/3 cup of salsa
- Cayenne Pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon of Cumin
- 1 teaspoon of Salt
- 1/2+ 1 teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 1/3 Cup of Canola Oil
- About 10 8" Flour Tortillas (you can use bigger ones if you would like)
- Optional- serve with a side of shredded lettuce, sour cream, or salsa
In a small sauce pan add canola oil and 1 teaspoon of minced garlic. Bring oil to a simmer, this will happen pretty quick because this is not a lot of oil. Turn off heat and let sit about 10 minutes so that the garlic infuses the oil with flavor. While that is cooling, combine pepper jack, 1/2 cup mild cheddar, corn, sour cream, jalepenos, cumin, salt, 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic, salsa, and shredded chicken in a large bowl. Mix well.