Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Creamy Tomato Soup

Nothing tastes better when it is cold outside than soup.  I remember asking my grandmother for her tomato soup recipe and I was really surprised when she told me what it was.  She just used canned condensed tomato soup and used milk instead of water.  It was so creamy and delicious. This is an easy delicious soup that reminds me of her.  I served this with provolone and salami grilled cheese sandwiches.  I love to dip it in the soup!

Ingredients:
  • 1/3 Cup finely diced onion
  • olive oil
  • 1 Tablespoon butter
  • 1 can (29 oz) tomato sauce
  • 2 cans (28 oz each) whole peeled plum tomatoes 
  • 1/2 teaspoon Salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
  • 4 Tablespoons Sour Cream (or more depending on how creamy you would like it)
  • 2 teaspoons of sugar
Drizzle some olive oil in the bottom of a large soup pot.  Heat olive oil and butter until butter is melted.  Add onions and garlic and cook for about 3 minutes.  Dump in tomatoes and tomato sauce.  Bring to a boil and simmer for about 10 minutes.  Using an immersion blender, blend soup until smooth.  Add salt, pepper, and sugar.  Stir in sour cream.  Simmer for a few more minutes and serve.

Follow the Magical Moms on Facebook and Pinterest for weekly menu ideas, crafts, and Disney Magic.  

No comments:

Post a Comment