This side dish is great to throw on the grill or even a grate over a campfire. The little bit of lemon zest is the perfect addition to the green beans and makes the flavor POP!
- About 12 oz of Fresh Green Beans
- 1/4 teaspoon Minced Garlic
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- About a Tablespoon of Water
- Zest of 1/2 Lemon
- Bacon (optional, I had a couple pieces left from breakfast so I saved them for dinner)
- Tiny pinch of Red Pepper Flakes
Lay out a large piece of aluminum foil. In the center, place the green beans. Sprinkle with lemon zest, salt, pepper, garlic, red pepper flakes, and water. Top with chopped bacon.
Fold top and bottom of foil together to form a tight seal. Then fold and seal each of the sides.
Place on the grill. The water inside the foil will steam the green beans. The foil will puff up and expand. Green beans will take about 15 minutes to cook. Be careful when you open the pack because it will be extremely HOT! Toss green beans with tongs and serve.
Green Beans are a family favorite veggie so I make them often...