This is a creamy rice dish that has just enough spice! My family likes to scoop it up with tortilla chips, put in on their tacos or burritos, or just eat it with a fork!
- 1 Cup uncooked Long Grain Rice
- 14 ounces of Chicken Broth
- 1 1/2 Cups Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese (divided)
- 3/4 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 Cup Corn (frozen or canned)
- Salt and Pepper
- 1- 4 ounce can of diced green chili peppers
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro (if you look closely at the picture my cilantro is in the shape of an ice cube. I took advice from a friend and froze some left over herbs)
First combine rice and chicken broth is pot. Bring to a rolling boil and then let it sit. Be sure to let it sit for 20 minutes to absorb all of the liquid. Next preheat the oven to 350. Combine all ingredients in 1.5 quart baking then add in rice and top with remaining pepper jack cheese. Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted. I have found that the baking time is less when I use can corn instead of frozen corn. This is a great side dish to serve with any Mexican inspired dish. I served mine with the Crispy Crunchy Oven Baked Tacos.