Sunday, February 10, 2013

String of Hearts

After the "tic-tac-hearts" I had some felt left over so I decided to make some heart garland. This was very simple and quick to make.

Materials:

Red and Pink felt

pom poms

needle and thread

sewing maching

Start by cutting the felt into three inch pieces.
Place two pieces on top of one another, lining edges up. Sew pieces together lengthwise.
After sewing the first line, flip the fabric inside out and sew another line.
This will form one long tubular heart. Next Cut the pieces to the desired length. I cut mine about 3/4 of an inch wide.
I did this with both pink and red felt. The boys are always noticing patterns in things, so I let them practice making patterns while assembling the garland. They alternated hearts and pom poms.

No comments:

Post a Comment