Sunday, February 3, 2013

Sausage and Pepper Pasta

Unlike Sherrie's family, we LOVE pasta and could eat it multiple times in one week. We have several great recipes that we make often, but this one spices it up a little bit.
Ingredients:

  • 1 box of Penne or Rigatoni Pasta
  • 4 Pieces of Italian Sausage (either mild or hot)
  • 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
  • half of a green pepper- chopped
  • 32 oz of your favorite spaghetti sauce (I make my own. Maybe someday I will share the secret:)

First, I cook the sausage along with a little bit of water in a skillet over high heat.
After the sausage is cooked thoroughly, I remove the sausage and dump the grease. Then I put the green peppers in and cook them until tender.
While the peppers are cooking, start the water for the pasta, and slice the sausage into bite size pieces.
When the peppers are finished add them and the sausage to the sauce and heat through.
When pasta is cooked, mix with sauce, and pour into 9X13 baking dish top with Parmesan cheese and bake in oven for about 7 minutes. We serve ours with a salad and garlic bread. I always top mine with a little extra Parmesan and a shake of red pepper flakes for an extra kick! My family likes this dish because we can make it as spicy as we like and the adults and kiddos are both happy:)

This recipe was featured in Two Magical Moms March Menu Madness and our Appetizing April Menu.  Check out the menus and try out some of our other YUMMY recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment