Tacos are a Lewis family favorite so I am always looking for a way to change them up a bit. We generally have soft tacos so the crunchy taco variation is always my favorite!
- 1 lb ground beef (or turkey)
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 small can of diced green chilies
- 2 teaspoons of taco seasoning
- 4 oz of tomato sauce
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Refried Beans- its hard for me to gauge this one because we are not huge refried bean fans. I would say that I used about 1/3 of a 16-ounce can
- 8-10 Crunchy Taco shells- I like the Old El Paso "stand and stuff" because they stand up on their own.
- More Cheddar Cheese
- Diced Tomatoes
- Sour Cream
- Black Olives
In skillet brown ground beef and onion and drain. Next, add in green chilies, tomato sauce, refried beans, and taco seasoning. Mix well and heat through.
Preheat oven to 400. Fill taco shells with meat mixture, top with cheddar cheese, and place in oven safe baking dish. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Top with your favorite taco stuffers and ENJOY! My personal favorite combination is lettuce, sour cream, salsa, and black olives!
This recipe was featured in Two Magical Moms March Menu Madness. Check out the entire menu and try out some of our other YUMMY recipes!