Thursday, February 20, 2014

Grilled Korean Flank Steak

The original recipe for this dish came from Food & Wine.  I changed it slightly.  First I substituted Brown Sugar for regular white sugar, I wanted it to have more spice than sweet.  Also,  I only made half of the original recipe which was plenty for our family.  My husband loves this dish because it is spicy!  If you would like to reduce the spice just cut the amount of crushed red pepper down.


Ingredients:
  • 1-1 1/4  lbs Flank Steak
  • 1 Clove of Garlic (finely chopped)
  • 2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
  • 1 1/2 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
  • 1/2 Tablespoon Sesame Oil
  • 1 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
  • 1 Tablespoon Dry white wine
Serves 4

Combine all ingredients except flank steak in a small bowl and mix them well until the sugar dissolves.  Place steak in a shallow bowl and pour marinade over top.  Marinate in the refrigerator for 4-6 hours.  

Grill until cooked to desired temp.  I have cooked this both on the grill outside and in the cast iron grill pan inside.

I served with lo mein rice noodles and veggies seasoned with a little garlic and soy sauce and grilled scallions.
 I brushed the scallions with olive oil and grilled about a minute on each side.




Follow the Magical Moms on Facebook and Pinterest for weekly menu ideas, crafts, and Disney Magic.


No comments:

Post a Comment