Thursday, February 6, 2014

Hassleback Potatoes with Clever Directions

I rarely get an opportunity to sit and watch a cooking show on TV, but earlier this week I happened to catch an episode of Rachel Ray.  During the episode she made a version of Hassleback Potatoes that caught my attention.  She used metal skewers poked through the potato as a guide for cutting.  BRILLIANT!  Why didn't I think of that, I have made potatoes similar to this several times.  I guess that is why she makes the big bucks!  I will definitely be doing it from now on!  The topping possibilities for these potatoes are endless.  Tonight I am making Flank Steak with a Gorgonzola Cream Sauce so I plan to top them with a little bit of the sauce.  I have also created a pesto sauce, a Bacon Cheddar Ranch topping, Loaded Sour Cream, and a lemon butter.
Ingredients:
  • Potatoes
  • Olive Oil
  • Sea Salt and Pepper
  • Metal Skewers
  • Whatever topping you would like
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Scrub potatoes with brush.  You will eat the skin so make sure it is clean enough.  Dry the potatoes.  Place the skewer through the bottom half of the potato.  Using a sharp knife, slice the potato down to the skewer with the cuts about 1/8 of an inch apart.  Drizzle potatoes with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.  Bake for 20 minutes, remove from oven and drizzle with just a little more olive oil (if necessary).  Bake for an additional 20 minutes.  Remove from oven and take off of skewer.  Top with favorite toppings.  You can top with cheese, sour cream, or get creative.  Tonight I used the Gorgonzola Cream Sauce from the Flank Steak dish that I made.  YUM!

Follow the Magical Moms on Facebook and Pinterest for weekly menu ideas, crafts, and Disney Magic.  

No comments:

Post a Comment