Just an FYI... Rule #1 of making anything in the slow cooker is DON'T forget to turn in on. Luckily it only took me about 45 minutes to realize that I had plugged in the slow cooker, but did not turn it on. HAHA! I am still laughing at myself!
- 3 Chicken Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 2 Cups of your favorite Salsa
- 1 Can of Corn (drained)
- 1 Can of Black Beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/4 Cup of water
- A Handful of Fresh Cilantro (chopped)
- 6 Servings of Basmati Rice (cooked)
- Juice of 1/2 Lime
- 2 Cups of Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Sour Cream (optional)
In the slow cooker combine salsa, corn, black beans, salt, pepper, cumin, oregano, minced garlic, Cayenne pepper, water and chili powder and stir. Add the chicken breasts, cover with mixture, and cook on low for about 6 hours.
Remove chicken from slow cooker. Chicken will be tender and shred very easily. Return the chicken back the the slow cooker and mix to combine with all of the goodness.
Cook rice according to instructions. I actually used to bags of boil-in-bag Basmati rice. When rice is done, fluff and add cilantro, lime juice, and a little salt. Put rice in bowl and add chicken, beans, and corn mixture. Top with cheddar cheese and a little sour cream.