Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Getting Organized- Family Plan


This summer has been hectic! I will be the first to admit that I have let my kids routine and behavior get out of hand. So I decided it was time to get us all back in shape. As usual, I scoured Pinterest for ideas on just how to take on this big task. Nothing quite matched what I was in need of, so I picked pieces from several websites and then threw in my own.

The first thing I knew I needed was a "hub" center with our family plan. I didn't have a bulletin board, the fridge wasn't big enough and those hanging fabric organizers just didn't do the trick for me. So I just bought 2 pieces of black foam board and hung on the wall with removable mounting squares. From there I was able to put all if our components into place.



Now your family plan may need to vary slightly from mine. I wanted a place to track the most important things to keeping us all I. A good plan, but didn't want it to be too overwhelming. Here is what I decided to include:

Daily Routine
Healthy eating chart
Family Rules
Behavior








I don't have it up there, but they have rewards for eating their fruits and veggies-they earn $2 each week if they eat the "vegetable/fruit of the week" each day. With the behavior chart, they start each day on green, and I they break any of the family rules they move to yellow. While in yellow they have the opportunity to move back to green with good behavior. But if they break the rules again and have to move to red, they are grounded from tv, computer and iPad.

I plan on switching the healthy eating to a chore chart in a few months. Hopefully they can keep up the healthy eating without the chart!

Please be sure to check back often, as I am in full swing organization mode and I'm sure I'll have lots more to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment