Friday, October 4, 2013

Mushroom Risotto

Every time I say I made risotto for dinner people look at me like I am crazy.  I used to feel the same way.  All the stirring and pouring and keeping it the right temperature overwhelmed me.  This time I decided I wasn't going to stir constantly (I stirred OFTEN, just NOT constantly). When all was said and done, it was delicious and no one but me (and now all of you) knew that I cheated and didn't stir the entire time!

Ingredients:
  • 1 Cup of Mushrooms- chopped ( I used a combo of Shitake and Portabello)
  • 1/4 Cup White Wine
  • Salt and Pepper to taste
  • 1 Shallot- minced
  • 2 1/2- 3 Cups of Chicken Broth (warm)
  • About a tablespoon Olive Oil
  • 1/4 Cup of Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
  • 3/4 Cup Arborio Rice
  • 1 teaspoon Dried Parsley
Serves 4

In a medium sauce pan heat olive oil.  Add shallot and cook for about 2 minutes.  When shallot starts to soften add in the mushrooms and cook for an additional 2 minutes.  Add in rice and toast for 2 more minutes.  Pour in the wine and cook until it has all been absorbed (about two minutes...lol I just wanted to say 2 minutes again!)  Next, add 1/2 cup of warm chicken broth and stir OFTEN until it is almost all absorbed.  Repeat this until broth is gone/rice is cooked all the way.  Risotto is meant to be creamy and slightly chewy.  Remove from heat and add parmesan cheese and parsley.  Stir to combine.  If risotto is too thick add a small amount of chicken broth to loosen it.  Salt and Pepper to taste.
Follow the Magical Moms on Facebook and Pinterest for weekly menu ideas, crafts, and Disney Magic.  

No comments:

Post a Comment