Thursday, June 6, 2013

Sweet Cajun Chicken

My husband was supposed to grill tonight, but I could make him do it in the rain.  A little bit of rain yes....rain with thunder that shakes the house and lightning that  lights up the whole neighborhood-no.  So I decided to "grill" the chicken inside. No I am not talking a George Foreman Grill, I used something WAY better.  I used my square cast iron grill pan that I got a few weeks ago.  Scott said that it was just as good if not better.  It was AWESOME! But I can't let him out of his grilling duties that easy!  This marinade definitely makes the top of my list for marinades.  The combination of spices is perfect!  I will be making again SOON!
Ingredients:
  • 4 Tablespoons of Brown Sugar
  • 1 teaspoon Minced Garlic
  • 2 Tablespoons of Soy Sauce
  • 1/2 Cup Canola Oil
  • 2 Tablespoons of Cajun Seasoning
  • 2 Tablespoons of Dried Parsley
  • 2 Tablespoons of Lemon Juice
  • 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
Combine all of the ingredients except chicken in a small bowl and mix well.  Marinate chicken in the fridge for about an hour.  
Heat cast iron grill pan (or outside grill) and cook thoroughly.  I didn't add any oil to the pan the marinade provides enough.
I served with Skinny Spinach Mac & Cheese and Herb Butter Corn on the Cob (which I cut off the cob this time)
ALL three of these recipes should be on your must make list!!!!!!!!
This recipe was featured on our 30 Days of Dinners June Menu, Make sure to check out all of the other great recipes on this month's menu!

No comments:

Post a Comment