Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Cheesy Caprese Garlic Bread

My stomach is growling as I write this and look at the picture!  I could make a meal out of this alone... maybe I will make it for lunch today.  I served this last night with Creamy Spinach Tortellini, both of these were new creations for me and both will definitely go on my "must make again" list!  We love bread at our house.  It's one of my personal weaknesses and this one is no exception.  The cheesy,garlicy, goodness is DELICIOUS!

Ingredients:
  • 1 Small Loaf of French Bread
  • About 6 Fresh Basil Leaves cut into small strips
  • 3/4 teaspoon Minced Garlic
  • 2 Tablespoons of Butter
  • 4 Slices of Mozzarella
  • 8 Cherry Tomatoes or 1 Roma Tomato (sliced)
  • Salt and Pepper
  • Balsamic Glaze (to drizzle on top)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Cut loaf of bread in half lengthwise and place on baking sheet with the cut side up.  In a small bowl mix minced garlic and melted butter together.  Using a basting brush coat each piece of bread with the garlic butter mixture.  Top each piece of bread with cheese slices and bake for about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.  Remove bread from oven and top with tomatoes and basil.  Lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper, drizzle balsamic glaze on top and put back in oven for about one minute.  I do this because I don't want my tomatoes cold.  I think it makes them blend together perfectly!

No comments:

Post a Comment