Thursday, May 2, 2013

Braised Sirloin Tips with Portabello Mushrooms

I have been looking through my mother-in-laws recipes and I have found several that I can't wait to try.  I pulled several not because the recipe sounded good but because the card looked like it had been used LOTS.  I chose all the ones that looked like something had been spilled on them, had fingerprints, and had started to fade.  I chose to make the Braised Sirloin Tips first.  It was a GREAT choice.  The mushrooms were my addition because I LOVE them and they were oh so good!  I am glad that I left them in large pieces vs slicing them.  I think they made the dish richer.  

Ingredients:
  • 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
  • 1.5 lbs of Beef Sirloin cut into 1 inch cubes
  • 1 Can of Beef Consume
  • 1/3 Cup Cranberry Juice Cocktail
  • 2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
  • 1 Clove of Garlic
  • 1/8 teaspoon of Onion Powder
  • 1/8 teaspoon Salt
  • 2 Tablespoons of Cornstarch
  • About a Dozen Portabello Mushrooms cut in half
  • 1 Bag of Egg Noodles cooked according to package
Serves 6

Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet.  Brown meat.
 Add in consume, cranberry juice, soy sauce, onion powder, and salt.  Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 40 minutes.

  Add in mushrooms and cook for additional five minutes.  Remove 1/4 cup of the beef liquid and place in container with lid.  Add two tablespoons of cornstarch, put the lid on and shake until well combined.  Turn heat up to high.  Pour cornstarch mixture in with the beef and stir continuously.  Broth will thicken.  Serve over noodles or rice.  

No comments:

Post a Comment