Thursday, May 2, 2013

Jalapeno and Bacon Cheesy Bread

I love spicy, I love cheese, I love, bacon, and I love bread.  Put them all together and it is a dream come true!!!  This bread could be a meal all in itself but it goes perfectly with soup, salad, chicken, whatever.  I think I might even serve it at our next football party.  But it is only May and there is no way I am going to wait that long to make this again!  
Ingredients:

  • French Bread Loaf
  • 3/4 of a Cup of Shredded Pepperjack Cheese
  • 1/4 Cup Mayonnaise
  • 1 Tablespoon Butter
  • 1/2 Cup of Mozzarella Cheese
  • 1/3 cup of Bacon Cooked and Crumbled
  • 2 Tablespoons of diced Jalapenos (the kind from a jar)
  • 2 Tablespoons of Green Onions (finely chopped)
  • 1 teaspoon Minced Garlic
Melt butter in small skillet.  Lightly saute the green onions and garlic.  Preheat oven to 375.  In a small bowl combine the remaining ingredients.  Add in the garlic and onions and mix together.  Spread the mixture evenly over each side of the loaf of bread.  

Bake for about 6 minutes.  Turn oven to broil for additional 3 minutes or so.  Make sure you keep a close eye on the bread and remove it when the cheese starts to bubble and turn brown.  Slice and serve right away.  YUM!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment