This is one of my new favorite side dishes! Okay I have lots of new favorites. Usually I just make zucchini on the grill or deep fried. This is SO good I am sure I will be making it often!
- 2 small Zucchini (enough to serve your family each zucchini is easily cut into 9 pieces)
- About a 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- About a Cup of Panko Bread Crumbs
- Pepper to taste
- A Pinch of Garlic Powder
- 1 Egg
- A Pinch of Basil
- A Pinch of Oregano
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 6 oz of Plain Greek Yogurt
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1 teaspoon of Chili Garlic Sauce
- 1/8 Teaspoon of Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Horseradish (Start with less you can always add more for spice)
- 1 Tablespoon of Mayonnaise (for even less fat and calories leave this out)
Combine all sauce ingredients and stir. Add spicy ingredients slowly to desired spice level. Refrigerate until you are ready to use.
**About an hour and a half before you want to eat the zucchini complete this step!!
Cut the zucchini into the desired size pieces. I usually cut my zucchini in 9 pieces lengthwise. Place in colander and sprinkle with salt. Place a plate under the colander and place it in the fridge until ready to start the breading process. The salt will pull out the water in the zucchini and make it more crisp after it it cooked.