Thursday, April 11, 2013

Spicy Italian Shredded Beef Sandwiches

Scott's Aunt Wendy gave us this recipe about a year ago and I am just now getting around to making it.   I am so disappointed that I haven't made it sooner. It is SO easy and and SO delicious!  I love anything that I can throw in the slow cooker and forget, but this is one recipe my family raves about!
Ingredients:
  • 3-4 lb Roast
  • 1 Packet of Italian Dressing Mix
  • 8 oz of Beer
  • 1 12 oz jar of sliced Pepperocini
  • 3 Table spoons of Juice from Pepperocini
  • 12 oz of beef broth
Sandwiches
  • French Bread or Rolls
  • Butter
  • Provolone Cheese Slices
Drain Peppers reserving 3 tablespoons of juice.  Place roast in slow cooker.  Combine all ingredients and pour over roast.  Cook on low for about 8 hours.  
Remove meat from slow cooker.  Shred meat with two forks.   
 Place shredded beef back into crock pot with the juices.
Lightly butter the bread and toast on a griddle.  Pile on the Spicy Beef and add a slice of provolone cheese.  I also serve a side bowl of the au jus from slow cooker to dip the sandwich into.  


This recipe was featured in Two Magical Moms March Menu Madness.  Check out the entire menu and try out some of our other YUMMY recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment