I call this one Lazy Lasagna because a little bit of work goes a long way. I make this dish 2 or 3 meals at a time, use one, and freeze one to use a few weeks or a month later. The hardest part about making this is boiling the noodles because it takes the longest. Other than that you can just throw it all together.
- 1 lb of ground beef
- 1 cup + 1/4 cup of shredded Mozzarella
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesean
- 2 teaspoons of Minced Garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Basil
- 1/2 teaspoon Oregano
- About 24 oz Marinara Sauce (I make my own I will share recipe some day)
- 1 Box of (boil) Lasagna Noodles
- 1 15 ounce containter of Ricotta
- 1/4 teaspoon of Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 egg
- Salt and Pepper
When pasta is finished cooking, remove it from water and lay out on lightly greased (to prevent pasta from sticking) cookie sheet. Spread a layer of the cheese mixture on the length of the noodle, sprinkle with ground beef, and put a thin layer of sauce on top.
If you are freezing, place roll ups in freezer safe dish and cover (I usually freeze in an 8x8 pyrex dish, cover with foil, and place lid on top) or freeze on cookie sheet and put into freezer bag for individual portions. Thaw baking dish in refrigerator over night, top with additional sauce and cheese and bake at 350 for about 30 minutes (since it is cold from fridge it may take longer).