This recipe is an adapted one from Udi's website. Their website calls for what I think is a ridiculous amount of cheese, onions and bacon. This recipe is so delicious and just a little bit spicy, know one will even know it is a healthy meal! Using uncured bacon greatly reduces the sodium and sugar content of the bacon. You can substitute uncured turkey bacon for even less fat.
- 1 Udi’s Gluten Free Pizza Crust
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced Vidalia onion
- Dash kosher salt
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 strips uncured, gluten free bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Dash of crushed red pepper flakes (more depending on your spice preference)
- 3 thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
Heat the olive oil in a skillet and add onions. Stir to cover onions in oil and cook over medium heat for about 15 minutes or until nicely browned.
Brush the pizza crust with olive oil and sprinkle cheese, red pepper and basil.
Then top with onion mixture and bacon. Bake at 424 degrees for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned.
This recipe was featured on the Marvelous May Menu, be sure to check out the rest of the May Menu.